About the City Clerk
Dawnne Greene serves as city clerk for the City of Richmond Hill. She manages administrative and office operations, assists with finance and budget responsibilities, maintains all official City documents, and assists in the preparation of ordinances, proclamations, resolutions, and various policies. She also serves as election superintendent for the City of Richmond Hill.
Prior to her current position, Greene worked at Pawtucket Credit Union in Pawtucket, R.I., as director of sales and media relations; at Old Colony YMCA in Brockton, Mass., as vice president of marketing and public relations; and at Signature Healthcare, also in Brockton, as a public relations manager.
Greene earned a Bachelor of Science degree in communication from Endicott College in Massachusetts. She is a member of the Richmond Hill Fire Department Auxiliary and the Bryan County, GA NAACP Branch 5648.
Role & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the clerk for the City of Richmond Hill include the following:
- Managing administrative and office operations
- Being directly responsible for the overall direction and establishment of departmental goals, coordination, and evaluation of program/work objectives and effectiveness
- Assisting with finance and budgetary responsibilities
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with city policies and applicable laws
- Maintaining all official documents of the city including records, minutes, contracts, easements and lawsuits
- Assisting in the preparation of ordinances, proclamations, resolutions, and policies
- Overseeing the compilation of agenda packets and a variety of routine and complex supervisory, clerical, and administrative work in the administration of city government
The city clerk also serves as election superintendent for the City of Richmond Hill. The city elections are held every two years with staggered four-year terms. The next scheduled election is November 2023 for Post 3 councilmember and Post 4 councilmember. The city clerk qualifies all candidates.