RFQ - RFP
RICHMOND HILL REGIONAL CONNECTOR ROAD
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS AND INVITATION/ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed bids will be received for the RICHMOND HILL REGIONAL CONNECTOR ROAD, in the City of Richmond Hill Council Chambers located at 40 Richard R. Davis Drive, Richmond Hill, GA 31324, until 3:00 P.M. (Local Time), March 2, 2020, at which time they will be publicly opened and read.
The work under this Contract will consist generally of the following:
Clearing, grubbing, grading and installation of approximately 11,400 LF of roadway including drainage, graded aggregate base, asphalt paving, curbing and miscellaneous items.
The Plans and Specifications are available for inspection at the office of Hussey Gay Bell, 329 Commercial Drive, Savannah, Georgia.
One (1) set of Plans, Specifications and other Contract Documents may be obtained by emailing Carole Gay with a request or by calling (912) 354-4626 and mailing a check or money order in the amount of $150.00 payable to Hussey Gay Bell, 329 Commercial Drive, Savannah, Georgia 31416. No refund will be made for returned documents.
All questions concerning the Plans, Specifications and other Contract Documents should be directed to Carole Gay (Hussey Gay Bell, Savannah, Georgia, 31406, telephone (912) 354-4626. All questions shall be made in writing and must be received no later than 5:00 P.M. (Local Time), February 24, 2020.
Bids must be accompanied by a certified check or Bid Bond in the amount of five percent of the amount bid. The successful bidder must be able to provide a Payment Bond and Performance Bond within ten days of Notice of Award. These bonds must be in the amount of 100 percent of the contract amount.
In accordance with State of Georgia Code Section 43-14-8.2(h), the low bidder must furnish proof that they have a Utility Contractor’s License before a contract will be executed.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held February 18, 2020 at 3:00 P.M. in the City of Richmond Hill Council Chambers located at 40 Richard R. Davis Drive, Richmond Hill, GA 31324. Late arrivals will not be eligible to sign in and therefore not allowed to bid the project.
A non-collusion affidavit must be completed and submitted with the bid.
The City of Richmond Hill reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive technicalities and informalities.
CITY OF RICHMOND HILL
PO BOX 250
40 RICHARD DAVIS DRIVE
RICHMOND HILL, GA 31324
SR-144 AT I-95 WATER AND SEWER RELOCATIONS
DOCUMENT 00021: INVITATION TO BID
- Sealed proposals for SR–144 at I–95 Water and Sewer Relocations owned by City of Richmond Hill will be received by The Council Chamber at the Richmond Hill City Hall, Richmond Hill, GA until 11:00 AM on Thursday, March 12, 2020 at which time they will be publicly opened.
- The project consists of the following generally described work: Relocation of approximately 930 LF of 8–Inch water main including Jack and Bore of 16–inch steel casing across SR–144, installation of valves, fire hydrants, and all necessary appurtenances. Relocation of approximately 800 LF of 8–inch PVC gravity sewer main, 200 LF 2–inch force main, and 200 LF of 4–inch force main along SR–144 including Jack and Bore gravity sewer under temporary roadways, installation of 6 manholes, and all necessary appurtenances.
- Plans and Specifications are open to inspection and may be obtained from Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co., 50 Park of Commerce, Savannah, Georgia 31405 upon payment of $100 (plus shipping charges as applicable). The payment is non–refundable.
- Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an "A" minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of "Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability." Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a "Power of Attorney" authorizing the attorney–in–fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
- A Pre–Bid Conference will be held on February 27, 2020 at 11:00 A.M. in the offices of City Hall, 40 Richard R Davis Drive, Richmond Hill, GA 31324. All prospective bidders encouraged to attend.